Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Home Is Where The Art Is

So I have a confession to make. I'm not a big fan of children's art work scattered all over the place. Seeing it stuck on the refrigerator and taped to cupboards and walls drives me b-a-n-a-n-a-s. I know, gasp! A crafty mama that doesn't like the crafty all around! How can that be?!?!? Sadly it's true.  I love the crafty, but I love an organized and clutter free house more. There, my secret is out.

When I saw {THIS} picture on Pinterest I knew I had found a crafty compromise.

Here's my version:

I started with frames from Goodwill. Our goodwill has 50% storewide sales the first Saturday of every month so I didn't pay more than $2 for each frame. I painted the frames the same color as our barstool chairs and then "distressed" them with my Martha metallic glaze.

For the chalkboard I just spray painted the backside of the print with my chalkboard paint.

I purchased the clips for $2 at our local hardware store. The whole wall cost me less than $10.
Now the girls have a place to display their favorite pieces of art and I keep my sanity!




No comments:

Post a Comment