This recipe came from my All Recipes Dinner Spinner iPhone app. It's so much fun to use. You pick the type of meal (appetizer, dessert, main dish, etc.), the main ingredient (fish, meat, cheese, veggies), and the amount of time you want to spend making the meal, and then you spin the spinner. You then get all the results that fit your criteria. As with their website, you all can see and read ratings and reviews for each recipe. For the meatballs I chose main dish, beef and less than 20 minutes. Like most of my favorite recipes I had ALL the ingredients on hand-three cheers for a well stocked pantry!!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup brown sugar 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Roll into meatballs about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in size. These are pretty basic meatballs. Feel free to make the meatballs to your liking. You can add shredded veggies or even chopped spinach to the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the meatballs until browned on all sides.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the water, vinegar, ketchup, cornstarch, sugar, and soy sauce. Pour over the meatballs, and allow sauce to thicken. Continue to heat until the sauce just starts to bubble.
They were truly read in less than 20 minutes. I actually made the meatballs the night before saving me even more time. The hubby and I really like them, but the girls had mixed reviews. Noa ate her's up quickly, and Lo thought they were good, but she didn't like the onions. They make a great main dish but would also be perfect as an appetizer. Meatballs-so versatile!