When I saw this recipe I KNEW I had to make it. Immediately. There was just something about it that seemed so wonderfully delicious! I was not disappointed. It's great on crackers or pita chips (or by itself on a spoon). I'm so glad I bought enough supplies to make two batches because I ate the first all by myself (minus ONE bite I "generously" gave the hubs). I do think it tasted a little bit better after it had been refrigerated, the flavors seemed a little bit deeper, but that certainly didn't stop me from eating half of it IMMEDIATELY!
- 1 (15.5oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place beans, garlic and lemon juice in food processor. Pulse until beans are roughly chopped.
- With motor running, slowly pour 1/4 cup of oil through feed tube. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer bean mixture to a small bowl. Stir in rosemary, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I also added in more lemon juice 'cuz that's how I roll). Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 3 days (As if it's going to last that long!)
- Grab a spoon and ENJOY!