Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crafty Cups

You know I love wine.

You know I love Diet Coke.

Did you know I love medicine cups???

Neither did I, but when I was emptying the dishwasher I found theses in my cupboard:


Who knew I had such a collection? The more I thought about it the more I realized how much I used these little things and just how handy they are to have around!

Here are a few of my favorite uses:

  • For dipping sauces. It lets me monitor how much the girls get AND because it's a small cup they think since it is full they are getting a lot! The are great for ranch dip for our veggies, ketchup for french fries, BBQ sauce for nuggets...the possibilities are endless
  •  Great for the girls painting projects. It's small so we don't waste a lot and if it spills there isn't much to clean up. Plus they are much easier for little hands to manipulate.
  •  Great for holding small beads, buttons, pins and sequins for art projects.
  •  A fun way to get little sick kids to drink. I used them a lot after my daughter's tonsillectomy. She had to drink a lot of water so we turned it into a game. We set a timer and every 15 minutes she had to drink one cupful. (Yes, I know, it totally sounds like a drinking game, but hey it worked!...I'll worry about paying for therapy later on...)
  • We use them to hold glue for our painting projects.
  • The girls like to pour their own syrup on their waffles and pancakes. I fill up the cups and then they can do it themselves. Again, b/c it's a full cup they think they are getting a lot!
  • Great for "special treats" like M&Ms or Skittles or fill up a few with ice cream toppings and create your own build-your-own-bar sundae bar.
  •  Great for holding "treasures" and "collections"...my girls are always filling up little cups w/ money, things they find in nature and little tiny Polly Pocket accessories.
  • Water cups for our paint-with-water books...again, no big deal if it spills!

No comments:

Post a Comment