Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ode To My Garden Tub

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Today you gave me 90 minutes...yes, 90 minutes of my children confined to one space! 

My girls think you are a swimming pool (I have the flood on the bathroom floor to prove it!).

You are big enough for two small girls to share without touching each other...this is VERY important in a tub!

For some reason in your presence all fighting stops...thank you! I love you for that!

You allow me to do the following:
  • Read a book
  • Use my laptop
  • Fold laundry
  • Put folded laundry away
  • Tidy up
  • Play Bejeweled 2 on my phone
  • Cut fabric
  • Look at a magazine
  • Return phone calls
  • Plan my weekly meals
(Of course all in the vicinity of my bathroom!)
You encourage imagination. Today's tubby included the following:
  • Mermaids
  • Dogs and cats
  • Bakers who were cooking Talula Soup (I have know clue what that is, but they made it for 20 minutes)
  • Tubby toys on parade
  • Made up songs with their own synchronized swimming moves
  • Being hairdressers
  • Playing  mommy and baby (that one ALWAYS confuses me...they keep saying "Mommy" and I think they mean me but they don't and then the "baby" cries and I think someone is hurt...)
My girls will stay in you until their lips are blue and their fingers and toes are wrinkled and pruney!

I don't even care that we took 4 potty runs during today's session. I was all worth it...90 minutes!

(Stay tuned for the "Anti-Ode To My Ridiculously Small Shower"...it's sure to win the Pulitzer in poetry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment