Monday, March 21, 2011

The Kitty

I was going through old pictures the other day and came across this one:

Let me introduce you to the Kitty. The mint green machine that started it all. I actually think it has been rude of me not to introduce to you to her sooner as she is solely responsible for starting me on my crafty journey only two years ago.

My original goal was to be able to make basic costumes and doll clothes for my girls. I had already been making them, but either by hand stitching or hot gluing them. I figured it was time for an upgrade.

I searched on-line, read reviews and price checked for several months before finally settling on the Hello Kitty by Janome. I’m sure you guessed that the color is what pushed it into the winner’s circle.

She has been a good friend. When I started I had never used a sewing machine and couldn’t even thread the bobbin myself. Thank goodness for the Internet, YouTube and so many crafty bloggers and friends willing to help. It’s been an amazing journey so far and I’m excited to see what the future may bring.

I have since upgraded from The Kitty, but she is safely packed away for Lo. She asks me at least once a week if I still have it saved for her! I’m anxiously waiting for the day when the two of us can sit together and sew. It's this crafty Mama's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment