Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

This recipe comes from one of my favorite cooking blogs, Kathie Cooks. It's not the first  recipe I've shared from there and I can guarantee it won't be the last! Kathie is going to be starting pastry school soon and I cannot wait for all the yummy recipes to follow!!!

Please don't faint or pass out when you see the ingredients. I know there is enough butter, milk and cream in there to make even Paula Deen say, "Hey, y'all I think you've gone a little overboard on the butter!" Just run an extra mile on the treadmill and you'll be fine.

Ingredients
1/3 c. butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb. chicken, cubed or large chunks
1/3 c. flour
1/2 carrot, shredded (I used a whole carrot)
1 stick of celery, shredded
1/4 c. onion, shredded
1/2 c. fresh spinach, torn in pieces
2 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy cream
3 chicken bouillon cubes
cracked pepper to taste
17.6 oz. gnocchi 

Directions
On medium heat, melt butter in soup pot. Add in the garlic and saute. Add your chicken and cook throughout. Add flour and stir well until the flour is cooked into the chicken. Next add milk and heavy cream. Then add the veggies (carrots, celery, onion, spinach). Add 3 bouillon cubes. Add your gnocchi last (it only takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout). Mix ingredients well until soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

I cannot stress how DE-LISH this soup was!!! Next time I will make a double batch because there wasn't one drop left.

No comments:

Post a Comment