Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Office-Playroom-Office/Playroom-Office

We have a room in our house that has been changed about a bizzillion times. When we first moved in it was our office and we put the playroom upstairs. When no one wanted to play upstairs we flip-flopped and put the playroom downstairs and the office upstairs. Then I got pregnant with GG and we needed to use the office upstairs for the bedroom and we turned the downstairs room into our office/playroom. As the girls have gotten older we have less need for a playroom and more need for a family office. It's been a long and clustered process. Our dining room became a temporary storage unit and our garage was so full of crap things we have procured over the years that we couldn't fit either of our cars in it! It's certainly not finished, but it's usable and I have my dining room back and we have space for one car in the garage. I thought I'd give you a sneak peak today and I'll be sharing the room break-down once it's all done.

Here's what it looked like as the playroom:
Here's what it looked like after the hubby and the girls removed all the decals. There were also boxes and bins piled to the top of the window in most of the room. In my excitement to get them out, I forgot to take the picture before I moved them. To put it mildly, it drove me nuts. I actually had the hubs hang curtains over the French Doors so when people came over they wouldn't be blinded by our messiness!


...and here's how it looks today!!!



It still needs:
  • lots of shelves over the desks
  • curtains or quick cornices or both
  • chalkboard/magnetic boards for myself and the girls
  • a BIG rug to cover the gross carpet (it's just not in my budget now for brand new carpet)
  • some sort of organization for under the desk
I'm loving the paint color and having a couch in the room. The girls can sit and read while the hubs and I are working. All of the furniture was either ours already or purchased secondhand so I've been able to redo on a budget-AWESOME!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

No comments:

Post a Comment