Monday, March 4, 2013

Long Run Diaries-Week 11

*WARNING: Crankiness and whining ahead*

If it's cold out you can put on more clothes. If you're thirsty you can carry a Camel Bak. If you're hungry, eat a snack. But what do you do when you're downright cranky and don't want to run? This was my big problem this week for my long run. It wasn't so much that I was thinking, "I can't do this" but more, "I don't want to do this!" I was in a funk and I knew it. It started on Saturday and I knew it would effect me on Sunday. I think it mainly stems from being tired. Tired of not having one day to sleep in. Tired of running a million miles each week. Tired of wearing layers and layers of clothing each week because it's still ridiculously cold. Tired of being tired. Tired of my weekends going by in a flash (I did warn you that there would be some whining!). I'm about half-way through my training and I'm just physically and mentally exhausted! This week is another taper week so I have high hopes that I can get myself out of this funk quickly. 
Week 11
17.98 miles
3:09:41
10:33 pace (actually faster than last week)

We ran on the Monon again and it's really great for longer runs. You run half the distance down the trail and turn around and run back. It's relatively flat and there usually are a ton of runners out. It was clear that we were all in some sort of funk because it was a VERY quite run which made it a VERY long run. I also had Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" in my head the WHOLE time (thanks Noa) which just added to my crankiness!  We again took a walking break every 4 miles and each group of 4 miles seemed like 18! I'm not sure how, but we actually ran faster than last week when I felt terrific! As I mentioned earlier, I had all my gear, nutrition and hydration where it needed to be. I felt pretty good after and lasted most of the day before I crashed into bed. We run 19 miles in a few weeks and I'm definitely going to bring my music just in case. I normally wouldn't listen to music when running with other people, but I think that this week it might have made my run just a little less awful.

Have a happy Monday and thanks for listening to my whining...you guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment