Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Just Want to Pee Alone

Like with most people I struggle to find balance. Balance to fit it all in. To be a mom, wife, individual. Balance to get all the daily duties in; work, laundry, meals, cleaning, homework, making sure everyone gets to where they need to be. Balance to fit in the things I enjoy; crafting, blogging, cooking, running, reading. Most days it's near impossible to get it all in. Between shuffling the older girls around and chasing after a crawling baby, I'm lucky to get half of my to-do list done! Yesterday I realized I had been in the same pajamas for TWO DAYS, seriously-two days! (We're moving bathing to the top of the to-do list immediately!) With all the miles that I've been putting in lately I've had to sacrifice some of my favorite activities, mainly the crafty and reading. Thankfully I've found a way to sneak in a little reading...

For Valentine's Day the hubby surprised me with my very own iPad (awesome right?!?!). I love having it and it's certainly great to have when the kids are getting a little restless, nothing is more motivating for my girls than earning some screen time! I recently downloaded my first iBook and I love it! Just look at the title, I Just Want To Pee Alone. What mom wouldn't be drawn to this book!!!
The mastermind behind this project is Jen from People I Want to Punch in the Throat. She went viral a few Christmases ago with her post on Over Achieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies and hasn't stopped making me laugh since. She writes about what's on her mind and isn't afraid to make fun of herself. Her book is a collection of essays from a group of hilarious mommy bloggers who don't take themselves to seriously. The titles alone will make you chuckle. Eat Poop, Laugh. No, I Didn't Forget a Comma is my favorite! I've been reading little bits here and there during nap time, between ballet classes and sitting in carlines. The essays are pretty short so you can get in a few laughs before it's time to schlep everyone  to the next activity. The perfect distraction to break up some of the monotony of your day!

So what are some of your favorite reads? What do you try to sneak in during your busy day? Shout 'em out we want to hear!!!

Wanna check out I Just Want to Pee Alone
It's available at Amazon.com {HERE} and iTunes {HERE}.

*This is an unpaid blog post. Sadly, Jen from PIWTPITT has no idea who I am. I just wanted to share a great book with you! And yes, I too, just want to pee alone!*

No comments:

Post a Comment