Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Proposal

Yesterday the hubby and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary...
What a difference 11 years can make...
Last year I shared a little bit about our wedding...

I thought it would be fun to share the proposal...

It was the summer of 2000, the FIRST day of summer actually, June 21st. The hubby and I had already made our big plans to move to Boston in a few months. We were enjoying our last few months of the San Diego sunshine. Hubby had suggested we go for an early morning run, and by early I mean 6am early. I grudgingly agreed and out we went into the darkness. We hadn't gone more than a few blocks when we came upon a limo. Apparently Nate "knew" the driver, he said that he drove a lot of business men to his office and he had gotten to know him. 

(I'm sure at this point you're all wondering how could I be so naive...those of you who know Nate know that it is not farfetched that he would randomly run into a limo driver that he knew.) 

So Nate asks his "friend" if we can go for a ride in his limo. 

(Those of you that know me know that this just annoyed me. I was in "running mode," I didn't want to go for a ride in someone else's limo! I wanted to run, shower and go back to bed!) 

Anyway...Nate convinces me to go for a ride and we drive around for a bit. I'm not really paying attention, I'm to busy being annoyed that we're not going to get our run in because we're too busy riding around in limos. We finally come to a stop and Nate gets out. He gives some excuse that he needs to use the ATM. ATM?!?! Why do you have your wallet on a run? Then I look and see where we are, outside a bar restaurant where our sorority and fraternity had an exchange (which is a whole other story for another day...) and we had our first dance. Then I see that he's on his knee and I lose it. I'm crying, he's crying. I'm saying "yes" and we're hugging and kissing! We take the limo, which is now our limo (duh Kimberlee) and we go to the top of Mount Soledad and watch the sun rise while drinking champagne...all very romantic! 

...and here we are 11 years, 3 kids, 2 big moves and millions of laughs later...
**BIG thanks to Raw Sugar Photography for our awesome pictures! I've been wanting snow pictures for FOREVER and I couldn't be more pleased with how they came out! If you've been following me for any amount of time you know I rarely am in front of the camera. I love that we have a new picture of the two of us! Follow Raw Sugar on Facebook {HERE} and don't forget to check out her fab-u-lous galleries {HERE}.

No comments:

Post a Comment