Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Aleida's Challenge

I am so excited to share this idea/challenge with you. The idea is not mine, but when I read about it I knew it was perfect for me. We all know I don't like to be in front of the camera and I rarely post pictures of myself. I'm sure you've all noticed too that I prefer myself "Instagrammed"...a little out of focus and the color distorted. Well, that's all about to change. 

I first heard about Aleida's Challenge from Cheri at I Am Momma-Hear Me Roar. Aleida Franklin was a woman who made sure she took a picture of herself with her kids each month. She expressed that when children look at a picture of their mom they don't care how she looks, if she has make-up on, or what she is wearing, they just see the love of their mom. Aleida died unexpectedly in 2008 leaving her two small children a wonderful gift of pictures with their mama. 

Myself and other moms are taking on Aleida's Challenge this year and taking more pictures of ourselves with our kids. Even if you don't have kids you can participate. Pledge to take more pictures of yourself being you, not worrying about whether you are "camera ready" or not. I'll be sharing my pictures along the way. You can also post your pictures {HERE} and check out other mamas and their babies.

Here are our first pics for the callenge. The girls are BIG fans of "silly pictures" so I'm sure most of ours will be with funny faces. Poor lil' G, he has no idea what's going on!


Thanks for checking in!


1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I have tried hard to take pictures of me with the kids lately. At least a few.

    ReplyDelete