1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup real mayonnaise
1/4-1/2 cup milk or buttermilk depending on how thick you want the dressing
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Sprinkle the salt over the garlic
- WIth a fork, mash the garlic and salt together to make a paste. The finner the better, as the garlic is very strong in the finished dressing.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl.
- Stir together gently, adjusting the seasonings as needed. Make the ranch dressing all yours-add in more of what you like.
- Chill the dressing for at least 2 hours before serving. Thin with milk if needed.
Tastes wonderful on top of a crispy iceberg salad or as a dip for the fresh veggies from your garden.