Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Drink Week-Sangria

I was first introduced to this wonderful Sangria last summer. Not only is it refreshing, but it only has three ingredients which makes it perfect for impromptu summer gatherings. I think one of the things that drew me to this Sangria was that it doesn't require fruit. I know there are some "Sangria Purists" out there that are shaking their heads at the lack of fruit and to you I say that if fruitless Sangria makes you that uncomfortable by all means throw some fruit in there! I'll be sticking to my fruitless Sangria and will be enjoying my first refreshing sip while you are still in the kitchen slicin' away!

To each his own...


Here is my treasured Sangria recipe:
Personally I think you can tell how good a recipe is by how weathered it looks. A well-loved recipe is usually covered in dried food and the corners are ripped and dog-eared. You can tell by looking at my copy that I REALLY like this drink!

To make the Sangria you will need to mix the following in a pitcher:

  • 3 parts Blackberry Wine
  • 3 parts Sprite
  • 1/2-1 part Brandy

Serve over ice.

Pull up a lounge chair, relax and enjoy your new favorite summer drink!



2 comments:

  1. It is usually in the dessert wine section. I found it at my local grocery store for under $10. You could also use blueberry or raspberry wine too.

    ReplyDelete