It comes courtesy of Running With Tweezers and has been a regular favorite in our house the past two summers.
Serves 10-12 as a side dish
- 12 ears of fresh corn, shucked (a perfect job for the little ones in your life) and cut off the cob
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon SMOKED paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Place cut corn into a large mixing bowl with halved tomatoes, green onions and diced jalapeno. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and vinegar. Add chipotle and smoked paprika and whisk together thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over the veggie mixture and combine. Taste one more time and adjust if needed. You can serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator. I like to make mine the day before and let the flavors really develop.
A perfectly refreshing dish for a hot summer day!