Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pasta With Pesto Cream Sauce

Make this one today!

You won't be disappointed! It comes from my BFF PW (oh how I  her!) and if you already have some of my Fresh Garden Pesto on hand you've got yourself a super quick meal! This was a crowd pleaser with my crowd-kids included! I love that they love pesto!



Ingredients:
Fresh Garden Pesto
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan (optional)..Optional??? No way! Not an option!
12 ounces pasta
2 whole tomatoes, diced

Cook pasta until al dente

If you don't have pesto on hand, make the pesto. Set aside

Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir. Drain pasta and place in serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. Toss to combine.

Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Top with grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

This was oh so yummy and just as wonderful the next day. It would also be great with chicken or shrimp added. Despite being a cream sauce it is rather light, probably because it makes a ton! I LOVE having leftovers!




No comments:

Post a Comment