Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Salsa and Pesto Garden

It FINALLY stopped raining long enough to get our garden planted. It's our second year with a family garden and we have high hopes. We had a pretty good harvest last year.

The girls favorite thing we grew last year was this:

Our bunnies...they were the highlight of our garden. The girls are hoping they come back this year but I'd prefer to have only veggies in my garden.

Our garden area needed lots of TLC
Grass and weeds growing everywhere. Good thing I had my two helpers.
They love any chance they get to play in the dirt.
So much better!

A few hours later and we successfully planted the following:
  • 7 tomatos
  • 4 jalapenos
  • 5 habaneros
  • 4 basil
  • 1 rosemary
  • 1 thyme
Our homemade garden markers look fab-u-lous!

I can almost taste all the yummy salsa and pesto we are going to eat!

Our next outdoor project...taking care of the ENORMOUS weeds around the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment