Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our First Date

Meet my new boyfriend:
We've only had one date, but I'm pretty sure he's the "one."

My neighbor Kathleen introduced us last night and we hit it off right from the start. I have already primed two bar stools and have been searching my house/garage for all the projects I have that need priming. The concept is so simple, NO SANDING! Sure you have an extra painting step, but did you hear me??? NO SANDING! Not only is it great for your wood projects, but perfect for brick, metal and laminate. Another perk-it's low odor. I painted my chairs in the living room last night and there were barely any fumes! It dries super quick too, in about an hour. 

Here's what my chairs looked like pre-primer:
The primer went on really easily. At first I was worried that it would be too streaky, but once dry, the chairs were VERY smooth.


I think one coat would have been enough, but there were a few places where the dark wood was still a little visible so I put a second coat in a few spots. 

We have a second date scheduled for today and that is when his true colors will show. Keep your fingers crossed! I'm really hoping this is a relationship that can last!

No comments:

Post a Comment