Monday, May 2, 2011

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia


This is on of my most favorite fish recipes. I'm pretty much the only one in my house that will eat fish so I adjust the amounts for a meal-for-one (you can also go to the original recipe at All Recipes and use their fancy serving calculator to readjust the ingredients).


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup softened butter
  • 3T mayo
  • 2T lemon juice
  • 1/4t dried basil
  • 1/4t ground black pepper
  • 1/8t onion powder
  • 1/8t celery salt
  • 2 pounds tilapia
Directions:
  • Preheat broiler. Grease broiler pan or line baking sheet with foil.
  • In a small bowl combine parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, and seasonings. Mix well and set aside.
  • Arrange filets in a single layer. Broil fish a few inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove from the oven and cover fish with the parmesan mixture. Broil for a few more minutes or until top is brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful no to over cook!
Mmmmmm....De-lish!!

1 comment:

  1. I have an awesome tilapia recipe I got from a chef-patient a couple years ago. Remind me in a few weeks and I'll get it out for you (once that box gets unpacked). I think you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete