The truth is, no matter what you call it, if you make it, you will be the hit of the party!
- 1 box of Chicken Rice-a-Roni
- 2 6oz jars oil packed artichoke hearts (reserve the oil)
- 1 can of Chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2c slivered almonds
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2c dried cranberries
- 1/2c mayonnaise
- 2T fresh lemon juice
- 1T curry powder
- 1t salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. When it is done, transfer to a sheet pan and spread it out so that it can cool
- Place artichoke hearts, Chickpeas, bell pepper, scallions, almonds and cranberries in a large bowl. Add the cooled rice and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, reserved artichoke oil, lemon juice, curry powder and salt. Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and fold to combine.
- Refrigerate up to 12 hours
- Tastes wonderful at room temperature.