Monday, February 18, 2013

The Long Run Diaries-Week 9

Week 9! WHOO HOO I've reached the halfway point!

Week 9
13.02 miles
2:17:01
10:31 Pace

This week was another taper-ish week. The midweek runs were the same, but the long run was "only" 13. It was another fr-fr-freeeeezing day, but luckily it wasn't too windy so it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. When you see that it's 10 degrees outside it kinda makes you want to stay in your warm cozy bed! Both Traci and I had a great run and I had no issues with migraines, soreness or extreme exhaustion. Yay for me!

This week the miles increase AGAIN and we're up to 8 on our midweek run and Sunday brings us to 17! The furthest I have ever run in my life is 15 so it's going to be both a mental and physical challenge!

As a treat to myself for all my hard work I bought myself 2 new running shells. When I thought about how long I've had mine (ahem...over 10 years!) I thought I deserved a new one! I had been eyeing this polka dot Saucony jacket all winter! When I popped into the running store last week I was beyond excited to see it on the clearance rack!!! I practically wore it out of the store I was so excited!
It's so bright and cheerful (and NEW) that you can't help but pick up your step a little bit when wearing it, and with the mileage creeping up there, I'm going to need a little pick-me-up!

Have a fab-u-lous Monday and seriously, thank you all so much for the encouragement! You rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment