Monday, February 11, 2013

The Long Run Diaries - Week 8


...next week I'm totally trying horizontal running...

Week 8
15 miles
2:43:15
10:53 pace

Ahhhh week 8! First the weather was so much better than last weekend! It was in the 40s and the roads and sidewalks were clear. Not having to wear several layers of clothes made everything so much more enjoyable! I felt really strong this week, even after running my 15 miles. I had my usual oatmeal breakfast and ate my yummy Honey Stinger Waffle bars along the way and I'm happy to report that there were no belly issues. Luckily I had no problems with my water and was able to keep myself hydrated. My running partner Traci and I had decided that we were going to incorporate walking breaks into the actual race. Our feeling is that we'd rather take the first part of the race easier and feel stronger at the end rather than go out strong and hard and suffer at the end. No matter what, the last 8 or so miles are going to be challenging, we're just hoping that with walking breaks they will be manageable. We started them on our run this week. It was definitely helpful, both mentally and physically. They're not long breaks, but every few miles we'd walk, have a drink and eat our snacks if needed. I'm definitely sore today, but that's to be expected and I'm hoping to get in a little yoga today to stretch out a bit. I also thought I was getting another migraine last night, but I was able to calm it down with some Naproxen. I'm really hoping that it doesn't become a regular occurrence because the last thing I need is a weekly migraine that lasts 3 days!

This week has a slight taper-AWESOME!

Have a great Monday and thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment