Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why I ♥ Goodwill

Two days a week I get and hour and a half for lunch. I work within 5 miles of 2 Goodwill stores. I know, totally dangerous! This week I hit the jackpot on treasures.

This white 16in vase was $4.99
 I found a similar vase on-line at Pottery Barn* for $99
 Now it would have been great "as is"...but I thought it was a little blah...
I used spray paint that I already had and in 5 minutes I had a new vase.
I love how the spray paint gave it a marbled look. It's a great pop of color on our mantel. All it needs now is something to go in it!


This tray was $5.99



Pottery Barn* sells this same sized tray for $89.00


My "new" one is in great condition and I really like the metal handles. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I might paint it or tile the bottom. For now it works well on top of my bedroom dresser.


This next one is my FAVORITE! When I first saw it in the store there was a lady eyeballing it...checking it out...she pondered it and turned around-total rookie mistake. SO I GRABBED THE TAG!!! I WIN!!! (The best advice I can give you when shopping at Goodwill is to take the tag if you are interested. You can always put it back if you change your mind, but they frown upon wrestling other customers for items.)

This is a metal king size headboard. It was only $23!!!! The best part is that I didn't have to do one thing to it! I spent $2.07 on 4 bolts with washers and nuts and installed it in 10 minutes.

Special thanks to my neighbor Brad. Without his truck and his willingness to drive to Goodwill on his day off I wouldn't be the owner of this amazing find! Thanks Brad! You rock!
Crate and Barrel* sells this king headboard for $399 (I like mine much better).
Here is my bed before:
This is what it looks like now:
I absolutely love it!!!
I can hardly wait for my next lunch break!!!

**...I have nothing against Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. In fact I love both stores and shop there often. I am merely showing how you can have Pottery Barn/Crate and Barrel taste on a Goodwill budget AND find unique items for your home.

Happy hunting!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Looks wonderful!! I love your other finds too and how you posted them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You and Angie make me think I can go to Goodwill and find things. It didn't work out the last few times but maybe I'll have to try again soon.

    ReplyDelete