Friday, February 25, 2011

Lasagna Cupcakes


My friend Molly shared this recipe with me and it is my new favorite! It's a great one to have your kids help you make. The original recipe is from Framed Cooks. She also has a recipe for Mac n' Cheese Cupcakes that I can't wait to try!

Here is what you need:

  • One cup of your favorite pasta sauce
  • 1 lb hamburger meat (I used Italian sausage. You could also use a meat sauce to make this an even quicker meal)
  • 18 wonton wrappers (Cut in circles. I used a water glass as my pattern, but you could also use a biscuit cutter)
  • 8 ounces mozzarella cheese , grated
  • 3 ounces parmesan cheese , grated
  • 4 ounces ricotta cheese (I used low-fat)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 6 serving muffin tin with Pam (Why only 6??? I made a dozen. they were great re-heated the next day too)

Cook hamburger meat, season to taste, drain.

Reserve 8 tablespoons of Parmesan and 8 tablespoons of mozzarella—this will be the topping. The remaining cheese will be used in the lasagnas

Start assembling the lasagnas. Line each cupcake mold with a round wonton wrapper. Put a little Parmesan, a little mozzarella, and a little ricotta into each mold. Top with a little meat and a spoonful of sauce. Repeat layers of wonton wrappers, cheeses, meat and sauce, creating 3 layers in all, and ending with sauce. Sprinkle each lasagna with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella.

 Bake until the lasagnas are nicely browned, about 20 minutes.

Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and remove from pan.

Watch your family devour them!

No comments:

Post a Comment