Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafty For A Cause

Isn't she adorable???

I whipped her up while the girls were napping yesterday...and now the princesses of the house have put in orders for their own (Yes, that's right...she's mine and I'm not sharing!).

Olivia Owl comes from the creative mind of Sarah at Bit Of Whimsy Dolls. I LOVE her patterns & dolls! They are adorable and easy to follow. The patterns are pdf files-delivered to your email immediately after purchase. I love that kind of instant gratification!

Recently my friend Erin won one of her handmade dolls on a blog giveaway and I was blown away by the detail and perfectness. I have always purchased patterns, but I know a finished Bit Of Whimsy Doll is in my future.

2011 has brought about a lot of great changes in the Bit Of Whimsy shop and this cute little owl plays a part. For the entire month of February 50% of the sales of the pattern will benefit Team Getty Owl to raise awareness for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).  

How great is that?!?!

So check out the Olivia Owl pattern. It's a great pattern for beginners and can be completed from start to finish in one afternoon.   

I see a whole parliament of owls in our future...

2 comments:

  1. I want to give her a try! Course, I know that means my princesses will be placing orders as well...thanks for the links...

    ReplyDelete