Monday, February 21, 2011

Up-cycled Canvas Bag

Last week I got this tote from my BFF Martha in the mail. She sent it to me as a thank you for renewing my magazine subscription.

That Martha, she's so thoughtful that way!


















The only problem? She put her name on it...

No worries! I've picked up a few tricks from the Queen of Crafty over the years. I knew exactly what to do!

First I used my seam ripper and took off Martha's name tag.

Then I found this cute little image of a bird on the computer.


I used SEWABLE Heat n' Bond to put the bird on the tote. For more detailed instructions on how to do this step click here.


After attaching the fabric bird to the bag I used a back stitch in a coordinating color and stitched around the perimeter of the birdie.


I chose the back stitch because you will see the thread on the inside of the bag and it allows the backside to look polished and finished too.

Again using the back stitch I added feet and a beak.

The end result??? SO CUTE!!!
♥ her!!!

1 comment: