Oh boy do I have a treat for you! This is quite possible the best thing I have made in a LONG time. It was so easy and de-lish. It kinda, sorta happened by accident. Naan was on sale. I like a sale so I bought two packages and googled "Naan Pizza" and the result was beyond A-MAZ-ING!
Tandoori Chicken Pizza
Source: Bev Cooks
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 3T plain Greek yogurt
- 2T (or more if you like it spicy) Tandoori paste (The hubby has a peanut allergy and could not have the Tandoor paste so I used BBQ sauce for his chicken and he said it tasted great)
- 1T EVOO
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (next time I would use a whole onion, once it was cooked it reduced quite a bit)
- 5 frozen Mango chunks, thawed and thinly sliced (I omitted them)
- 2 store bought Naan breads
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
In a bowl, stir together the yogurt and Tandoori paste. Add the chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
Preheat oven 400.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over low. Add the onions and caramelize them until they become super soft and sweet, about 30 minutes (If you are in a hurry you can just saute them, but I think it's worth the time to caramelize them). Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
Add the chicken to the pan, marinate and all. Saute until chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduced a bit. About 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Layer the chicken over each Naan bread. Top with caramelized onions, sliced mangos and top with shredded cheese.
Slide into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is brown and bubbly.
Garnish with Cilantro. Slice and Serve.