Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grilled Chicken Florentine Pasta

I love when I put dinner on the table and I hear my girls gasp because it looks so good! That's what happened last night when I served my girls this lovely plate of yumminess:
Not only is it full of creamy cheesiness, but it's full of good-for-you spinach. When Lo asked for seconds I think my heart actually skipped a beat! I found it in my latest issue of Cooking Light magazine. It's super easy to make and I'm sure if you have any leftovers (we certainly didn't), it would be great the next day too! Vegetarians can omit the chicken and I also think adding fresh tomatoes would be great too! This will definitely be added to our dinner rotation! 

Ingredients
  • 2 (6 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts, skinned (I used boneless)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • 8 ounces uncooked linguine
  • cooking spray
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
  • 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
Directions
  1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated w/ cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes on each side or until done (I used my George Foreman grill). Let stand 10 minutes. Carve chicken off bones, and thinly slice.
  3. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well; keep warm.
  4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour and garlic; cook until garlic is browned (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk; bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and spinach; stir until spinach wilts. Add pasta and chicken; toss to combine.
So delish! Enjoy!









Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
CALORIES 332; FAT 10.3g; PROTEIN 24.8g
CARB 35g FIBER 2g CHOL 46mg
IRON 2.6mg SODIUM 579mg CALC 195mg


No comments:

Post a Comment