Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Printables Revisited (and possibly a Picnik substitute)

We all know how much I L-O-V-E Goodwill. There's nothing better than finding a great deal and turning it into something magnificent and unique!

Last summer I found this great mirror for Lo's room. It's plastic. It was cream, dirty and gross. I love seeing beyond the disgust. One can of spray paint and a few fabric butterflies leftover from a mobile that was tangled beyond repair, and I had the perfect piece for above the World's Ugliest Dresser!
Personally I think I have the best luck at Goodwill when I'm not really looking for anything specific. It's not like you can walk in there with a shopping list and leave with everything crossed off. That's why I was overjoyed when I saw this frame last month.
Hell-O! It matches the mirror perfectly!!! It was Kismet! It too was gross, dirty and begging for a coat of spray paint! It was also PERFECT for the printable I made for Lo's room.
I am beyond excited with how it turned out. I add the last of the fabric butterflies and used scrapbook paper as the "matting" (I just placed the photo over the paper and it looks like a high-end matting). 

It was the perfect addition to her room and I love how the mirror and photo coordinate with each other.
Little by little her room is coming together and we are both excited!

Happy Valentine's Day!
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Picnik my fav photo editing and printable making site will be shutting down in April. They are offering Google+ as an alternative. I don't know much about Google+, but I don't think it's something that I'm going try. It's more of a network (you have "friends" you "share" things) rather than a site for editing pictures. Yesterday Cheri over at I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar blogged about a great alternative and personally think it's a great substitute. She did a very thorough evaluation and comparison. Click {HERE} to hear what she has to say.

1 comment:

  1. Hi K,

    Love the mirror! I'm getting ready to move into my first home so always looking for fresh ideas, thanks for sharing!

    I also wanted to give you a heads up about a Picnik alternative that's launching soon: www.PicMonkey.com. It's being built by former Picnikers! We think it's going to be just as great...if not better...than your old fave! I'm on the team and just wanted to give some of our most avid fans a sneak peek.

    Sign up PicMonkey's site and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date (soon, soon!). Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

    Cheers,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete