Thursday, January 19, 2012

My New Addiction-Printables

Oh dear, I have a new addiction and it's a F-U-N one!!! Thank you Thrifty Decor Chick for posting {THIS} tutorial. I am in crafty girl heaven! I use Picnik all the time to edit my photos, and I had seen several blogs about how to use the site to make super-huge prints, but using them for printables never occurred to me. I've had lots of fun turning some of my favorite Pinterest pins into artwork.

**One step I did differently from TDC - instead of opening a painting program I just downloaded a high quality picture to Picnik and covered it with a rectangle by going to the "stickers" tab at the top (pink arrow) and then clicking "geometric" on the left (blue arrow). You can change the rectangle to be any color that you would like**


We all know that I  The Avett Brothers and my favorite song lyrics come from Murder In The City. I pinned {THIS} awhile back thinking I would buy it for our house eventually. At $12.50 it was very reasonably priced, but I made mine for $3.23 and could customize the color and the font.

Pretty cute don't you think?
I love, love, LOVE it!!!

I used Thrifty Decor Chick's trick, and instead of using matting I just centered the picture on top of poster board.

It's the perfect addition to my entryway. I love that you see it every time you walk in the door.

I couldn't stop there! I was having too much fun!

I loved {THIS} quote for Lo's room. It's going to look fab-u-lous above her crafty desk. It suits her PERFECTLY!
I can't wait to hang it up!

Thrifty Decor Chick printed her designs at home. I tried to do that, but each time I tried making the picture bigger (I wanted 8x10 pictures) it became very fuzzy. It also would have used A LOT of printer ink. I just sent mine to Walgreens to be printed. It cost a little over $3 and was ready in about 20 minutes! I just love Walgreens!

**A tip for when you send pictures online to be printed. If you are making an 8x10 you need to "crop" them on the photo stores website. If you don't, the top and bottom will be cut off. Trust me on this one-learn from my mistake! It took two tries (and two trips to Walgreens) to get it right. The wonderful folks at Walgreens not only tried to fix it in the store for me, but I didn't have to pay for the mistake photos.**

The printables are so quick to make, depending on how fancy you want to be, and are completely and totally ADDICTING!  Don't say I didn't warn you!

Have fun and let us know what creative designs you come up with!

3 comments:

  1. I was making a few printables of my own yesterday. I could play in picnik all day!

    Love the entry picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better hurry...I just heard the site is shutting down on April 19th!

    ReplyDelete