Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggie Trick

I love spending time in the kitchen trying new recipes and making yummy food. I can make lots of different things, but for some reason peeling a hard boiled egg was super difficult for me. I'd end up with an egg not only missing it's shell but most of the white part too. It's a good think I typically used them for egg salad sandwiches because they were not a pretty sight. I was so excited when I found a tutorial on how to boil and peel the perfect egg. I can't remember where I found it, but I sure did remember all the steps! I'll never peel a hard boiled egg any other way.

1. Put your fresh eggs into your saucepan.
2. Cover your eggs with COLD water (I also add salt to the water because I heard it makes the shells peel easier).
3. Put on the stove and set the burner on high.
4. Bring to a rapid boil.
5. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 20 minutes.
6. Immediately run under COLD water. Keep changing the water as it becomes warm.
7. You can also add ice cubes to the water. The goal is to stop the eggs from cooking.
8. The next part is the fun part. Drain all the water and ice. Fill with approximately 1/4 inch of water. Put the lid on and SHAKE your eggs. Hold onto the lid real tight and shake, shake, shake! The shells will crack and many will peel off on their own.
9. Under running warm water gently peel the remaining shells off your eggs. Pat dry with a paper towel and store in a zip-lock back in the fridge. 

I love it when I find great kitchen tips to make my life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment