Friday, February 24, 2012

Cathy's Banana Bread Recipe

I don't know who Cathy is, but apparently her banana bread is the bomb. This is all that's left of the two loaves I made...
Let me start by saying that I don't like banana bread. You are probably wondering why I made it. Well...I had two overly ripe bananas and apparently that is what you do when you have overly ripe bananas. Plus, my girls love bread and it make for a yummy quick breakfast for our mornings when we have to be out the door quickly. I found "Cathy" on Allrecipes, it was rated 4 1/2 stars by over 750 people so I knew it had to be good. It makes enough for two loaves of bread so I was able to share some with my wonderful co-workers who have been kindly feeding me and the baby chocolate on a regular basis. Their loaf didn't make it past lunch. My youngest has repeatedly ask me to go to the market and buy bananas "too squishy to eat" so that I can make more bread. Is there a point to all my rambling? Of course! The point is, those that eat banana bread LOVE this banana bread so if you eat banana bread then make this banana bread!

Ingredients 
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup margarine
1 1/3 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9x13 or two 7x3 loaf pans.
  2. Combine banana and sour cream. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan or pans
  3. Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.

Have a wonderful Friday and I hope your fruit bowl is filled with bananas too squishy to eat!


2 comments:

  1. I'll be trying this one! I'll let you know if it as good as Aunt Edna's Banana Bread recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an abundance of squishy bananas (I've been slacking on my morning smoothies) and extra sour cream. Cathy's banana bread is in our future!

    ReplyDelete