Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The World's Ugliest Dresser No More!

Last month I bought the World's Ugliest Dresser off of Craigslist.
I seriously can't believe that someone would actually choose to paint anything poop brown, but someone did and they were selling this baby for only $10! Score!!!

It had been sitting in my dining room all primed and ready to be painted for weeks. Having eight people over for Thanksgiving later this week was all the motivation I needed to get the project done.

You know the drill....Zinsser Primer, coat of paint in Disney's Tigger's Tummy Yellow, a light distressing and Annie Sloan's wax.

The results were fab-u-lous!
The original drawer pulls were disgusting so I needed to replace all of them. With six drawers needing two knobs each it could have been a pretty pricey fix. I really didn't want to spend a ton more money on the pulls than the actual dresser. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby. That have a awesome selection of decorative knobs and lucky for me they were 50%! I love it when that happens. To cut down on the cost I decided to mix a few higher end knobs with the cheaper ones. The ceramic hearts were only $1.50 each (after my discount) and the glass knobs ranged from $2.50-$3.50 each (again after the 50% off). It still cost me more than the dresser but I saved myself almost $25 by getting them on sale.

These glass flower's are Lo's favorite.
The pretty blue ones came in a close second.
Sometimes I get a little heavy on the distressing, but this time I kept it under control. I focused on the corners and edges, were it would wear naturally.
I love how it turned out.

It looks great in Lo's room. We're in the process of updating it, getting rid of her baby furniture and decorations and making sure she has more room to do her art projects. I can't wait to show you the final results. We're working on it little-by-little, but I hope to have it done by the end of the year. Fingers crossed we'll get everything done in time!

Have a great Tuesday and thanks for checking in!


No comments:

Post a Comment