Monday, January 9, 2012

Make Over Your Monday

Happy Monday! Did you make your reading list for 2012? I came up with a few that I want to read this year.

I'd love to hear what you came up with. I'm always looking for a great book!

I'm really excited about the challenge this week. I came across {THIS} last week when I was lost in Bloggerland. It's a site by a woman who talks about coming up with your one word for the year. Each person's word is unique and meaningful to them. It's a word that you focus on, meditate on, and reflect on as you go through 2012. It's your one word resolution.  I L-O-V-E the idea! 

This is what she has to say about choosing your word:

Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2012? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word-this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's the one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our heart speaks to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.

Again, be open to the possibilities.

As you might have guessed, this week's challenge is to come up with your word. I think I have mine for the year, but I want to give it another week to make sure it's "the one" that's right for me. You don't have to share your word, it can be your own personal mantra that you keep inside your heart, or you can shout it from the top of a mountain. Whatever works for you, it's your word.

Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for checking in!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you read The Hunger Games? If not, you must! Outlander is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete