Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Circle Skirt..Or...The Easiest Thing I Ever Made

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE projects that can be started and completed during one nap-time. The Circle Skirt from MADE is about four times better because you can make about 4 in one napping session!!! She even has a tutorial on how to dye your elastic {HERE} to match which is totally going on my to-do list.

To make it an even quicker project I left my serged hem exposed. I think it looks perfect with the bandana-like fabric.

And the true test of a good skirt?

It's twirlability!


It totally passed!

After mastering the Circle Skirt you should check out her tutorial for the Simple Skirt. I think it's a great skirt for beginners. It will help you practice a few beginner skills like making a casing, hemming and finishing your ends without a serger. It isn't as quick as the Circle skirt but it can be made while the kids are sleeping. I made the double layer version and it came our super cute!

Two super easy skirts just in time for spring! Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment