My MIL has 3 sisters and when my hubby lived on his own for the first time they gave him the most thoughtful gift. Together, with their mom, they put all their favorite recipes in one spot and made him his very first, and to date, only, cookbook.
This one from Aunt Darla is one of our most favorites! Not only does it taste wonderful, but it can be made in 10 minutes. No joke, in 10 minutes your whole family can be sitting down having dinner together. I don't think fast-food is that fast!
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 3 or 4 shallots
- 2T EVOO
- 1 can of chicken broth (stock would be wonderful too)
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 package of crumbled feta cheese (I use the reduced fat)
- 1 jar of sun dried tomatoes packed in oil*
**Please, please, please make sure you get the julienned tomatoes they will make your life so much easier. For some weird reason you can usually find the sun dried tomatoes in the produce aisle, typically next to the garlic in the jar. My jar looked like this:
- In a large sauce pan or skillet, saute the shallots and garlic in olive oil
- Cook pasta according to the instruction, al dente
- Add chicken broth to the shallots
- Add 1-2t of thyme (fresh or dried) and sun dried tomatoes. Heat throughly, it's okay if it boils slightly
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to shallot/tomato mixture. Mix well
- Add crumbled feta and toss to coat
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese
Super easy and DE-LISH!
At the bottom of the recipe Aunt Darla wrote this: If you cook nothing else in your life, make this pasta.
So listen to Aunt Darla and MAKE THIS PASTA!