Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Reason I LOVE Fall!

I feel like a girl on Christmas Eve. I'm so giddy with excitement I can't stand it!!! BIG things start happening next week.

THE NEW TV SEASON STARTS!!!! YAY!!!

We all know about my love for Diet Coke, wine, Goodwill and Jo Ann Fabrics, but I've been holding back on all of you. I think for every mile I run I watch a different show on TV, no joke, I watch A LOT of TV. We have 3 DVR's in our house and during the regular TV season they are constantly running.

In no particular order, here are my favs:
Dramas
1. CSI
One of my all time favs! You can find re-runs on Spike TV and I could watch them over and over. I bawled like a baby when Warrick died, cried again when Sara left Grissom the video she was leaving and was at a near panic when Nicky was buried alive. I really thought the show wouldn't be as good once William Petersen left, but it's still so good. Ted Danson joins the cast this season and I have to say it's got me intrigued, I can't wait to see where it goes next!

2 & 3 CSI - New York and Miami

I was so sad when they moved New York to Fridays. Fridays is where shows go to die. Surprisingly they are back for another season. I have to admit that Miami is my least favorite of the three, but that might be because I started watching it in the past few years and I'm trying to catch up on the back stories.

5. The Mentalist
Hands down the BEST season finale last year. It had you on the edge of your seat wondering what would come next and then it ended and you were yelling at the TV begging for more! Can't wait to see where they go with the story lines this season.

5. Criminal Minds
Quite possibly the most terrifying show on TV. I can't watch this if I'm home alone. It'll give you nightmares for weeks. There was an episode last year about a serial killer who went to cities where there were rolling blackouts and then attacked people in their homes. The very next night our power went out and I was completely freaked out. That's how good it is-it feels real!

6. The Good Wife
I was a huge ER fan so Julianna Margulies is what drew me to this show initially, but the writing is what keeps me coming back.

7. House
I    Hugh Laurie!

8. Gray's Anatomy
I'm hoping for better things this season. I feel like last season they really got away from the medicine and focused too much on all the character drama and I lost interest. Fingers crossed for a better season.

9. Parenthood
Such a great ensemble cast. The show is roughly based on the movie from the 80s, but tends to be more on the drama spectrum than comedy.

10. Blue Bloods
Tom Selleck, Tom Selleck's moustache and Donnie Wahlberg. Of course I had to watch!

11. Rizzoli and Isles
I was so happy to find this show on TNT. It's based on the books by Tess Gerritsen that I LOVE. They just wrapped up their summer season, but they'll be back in November with new episodes. YAY can't wait!

Comedies
1. How I Met Your Mother
Neil Patrick Harris is...wait for it...AWE-SOME!

2. The Big Bang Theory
When this show first came out I thought it was awful and couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. For some reason I kept watching and I am so glad I did. It's hilarious! So well written and the lines are delivered flawlessly. The addition of Mayim Bialik (you may know her as Blossom) as Amy Farrah Fowler was brilliant. She has stolen the show!

3. Modern Family
If you are not watching this show you are totally missing out! You cannot watch a show without laughing out loud the entire time!

4. Glee
There's music, it's funny and last season they really focused on some important topics. It's also a great show to watch while you're running on the treadmill-you have your music built in!

Reality TV
Biggest Loser
I blame my mom for this one. She came to visit and we watched the season finale together and I got hooked. My only complaint is that it's 2 hours long. They really could still have a great show in an hour. Regardless of it's long length I watch every week and EVERY week I find myself crying on my couch. I'm interested to see how this season goes without my girl Jillian. It just won't be the same without her!

New Show I'm Looking Forward To
1. 2 1/2 Men
I think this is a no-brainer. I'm not a regular watcher, but thanks to Charlie and his "winning" attitude and tiger blood, I can't wait to see how they get rid of his character and bring in Ashton's.

2. Up All Night
I saw the pilot a few nights ago and it looks promising.

3. The New Girl
I love Zooey Deschanel (If you haven't seen her 500 Days of Summer I highly recommend it). This just looks like a funny, quirky show and I can't wait to see what it's all about.

So if you need me this week I'll be camped out on my couch with a glass of wine catching up on all my "stories" while I blog, craft and run!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment