Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day Fun

I am thankful for so many things in my life, I truly feel lucky for all that I have. Today I am also thankful that the girls enjoy running. As you know the hubby and I are pretty passionate about running and races, and I love that it's something we can do together as a family.
Today the whole family got up VERY early and headed to our local YMCA for their first annual Wishbone 5K and Youth Fun Run. It was Lo's second "official" race and NoJo's first, both girls were super excited and practically jumped out of bed this morning.

Since they blocked the streets we had to arrive early, but that gave us a chance to cheer on the 5K runners and our good friends Traci and Eric. I was so amazed at how many young kids were running and even more amazed at how fast they were! I cannot wait until the girls are old enough to do a full 5K with Nate and I!!!

The Fun Run was through the woods behind the Y. The girls were really eager to start. Lo even tried to be at the front of the line which is totally not like her and both Nate and I were proud of her eagerness.
NoJo was being ridiculously feisty and refused take any pictures. Lucky for us Daddy is quick with the camera!
The girls were joined by their friends ZZ and Cam.
As the girls lined up they held hands. It was so cute. They wanted to run it together.
They wanted me to run behind them, but soon after the start I was left behind. They were serious about this race. Half way through Lo politely asked NoJo if they could stop holding hands so she could go faster and then she really took off.
I could tell NoJo was tired but she kept on running!
Both girls finished strong and had a blast! Daddy and I were so proud!

It was a great morning and I hope it can be our Thanksgiving tradition!

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment