This is one of our FAVORITE recipes. It's been passed around through friends and co-workers that I'm not sure exactly where it originated from. It's great by itself, on top of yogurt (or ice cream) or add some milk and you've got instant cereal. It makes a ton, but it's so yummy it doesn't last long. The best part is that you can customize it to suit your taste...it can be different each time you make it.
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds (we are a nut-free home so I used raw pepitas from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2T canola oil
- 1/2t salt
- 1/2t ground Cinnamon
- 1t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, apples, raisins, apricots)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds and sunflower seeds
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture to coat.
- Transfer to a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes.
- Cool completely. Stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container.
See? Super easy! Make it today and it'll be gone tomorrow. I promise you won't be disappointed!!!