Saturday, April 14, 2012

Christmas In April

I must have been a VERY good girl lately because this week not one, but two fabulous things came into my life. I'm like a giddy little girl with her new toys!!!

First I found this on a local Craigslist-type Facebook group:
I've been wanting one for FOR-EVER but the near $300 price tag was never something I could afford. I have some pretty generous friends who let me borrow theirs when needed, but I really wanted one I could call my own. I was ecstatic when I saw this one for sale for $100, still a pretty pricey item, but such a fabulous deal! I see lots of yummy foods in my future. First up? PW's pizza crust. It is so wonderful and much easier to make with my new mixer! 

My second gift makes my heart go pitter-patter and makes me feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I have been wanting a new camera for so long, and I'm sure the hubby was so tired of hearing me whine about how my, now-old, camera took the worstest pictures ever! One benefit of the hubby traveling ALL THE TIME is airline miles, and those miles don't have to be used for plane tickets. They can be turned in to "buy" wonderful things like this:
Isn't sure purdy??? I'm actually a little scared to use her (and I'm not actually sure how to use her), but I can't wait to start taking some better shots with this baby! If there are any photography buffs out there I'd appreciate any guidance or suggestions!

It's a rainy day here in Indy, the perfect day to read owner's manuals and play with my new toys! Have a great weekend and thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment