Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baby Bundle Of Joy

With our new little one due to arrive this summer I've spent more time arranging, rearranging, organizing and cleaning our house than being crafty. My poor little sewing machine has been neglected and is starting to look a little sad. Luckily I was able to find a little time to make a special gift before our trip to California. My brother and his fiance are expecting their first child any day now. I wanted to make them something. I think handmade gifts really let the person know that you care about them. They don't know if they are having a boy or a girl so it needed to be somewhat gender neutral. As someone who doesn't like to find out the sex of the baby, I know that one can only have so many newborn blankets, sleepers and onsies that have ducks and frogs on them. My brother is a huge Colts fan so I thought it would be fun to bundle a few Colts baby items together. 
Butterbean is one of my favorite patterns from Bit of Whimsy Dolls. The facial features are all embroidered which makes them perfect for little ones.
I found this great football ribbon awhile back. It's perfect for a Colts taggie blanket.
 Soft flannel on one side and cozy minkee on the other.
 You can never have too many burp cloths around.

I was even able to find a Colts pacifier. 
Tie it all together and you've got a perfect one-of-a-kind, made with love gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment