A coworker makes the best chicken and noodles I have ever ate. They are melt in your mouth delicious! She makes her noodles from scratch-serious dedication. It's always such a treat when the crock-pot shows up in the staff kitchen on Noodle Day. We can all barely wait until lunch.
I'm not as dedicated. I have never made my own noodles. This recipe is perfect to satisfy my noodle craving and leave me plenty of time to be crafty. I love that it can be made in the crock-pot or on the stove. It makes enough for seconds (or thirds) at dinner AND leftovers the next day. It comes from Kathie's Cooks and you NEED to make it!
- 1 (26oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 (14.5oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 c diced, cooked chicken breast (or 2-3 uncooked chicken breasts if you are cooking it in the crockpot)
- 2t onion powder
- 1t seasoning salt
- 1/2t garlic powder
- 2 (9oz) packages, frozen egg noodles
Directions-The Crock-Pot Way
- Cook the chicken in the broth in the crock-pot for 6 hours on low.
- Take the chicken out and shred it.
- Put the chicken and the remaining ingredients, except for the noodles, back in the crock-pot.
- About 45 minutes before serving time add the noodles to the crock-pot
Directions-The Stove-Top Way
- In a large pot, mix the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and chicken meat.
- Season with the onion powder, seasoning salt, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the noodles.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
We served ours with mashed potatoes and it was a HUGE hit in our house! This girl at 3 big helpings and requested it in her lunch the next day!
I love it when I hit a home run at dinner!