Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pin-tastic or Pin-trosity Fixin' My Make-up

A few weeks ago I made a purchase with Groupon Goods. It was a HUGE make-up kit for a very reasonable price. I'm not a big make-up-wearer, my main go-tos are concealer (I have 3 kids after all), a little bronzer, mascara and lipgloss. This kit had WAY more than I needed but the price was right and I have a few formal events coming up so I may need a little more fanciness. Besides, my girls will have a field day with all the different shades of eyeshadow!

I was so excited when it arrived yesterday! My bubble was instantly burst when I opened it and saw this:

There was bronzer EVERYWHERE. It was a huge powdery mess! I made a few quick emails to Groupon (whose customer service was FAB-U-LOUS) and was given a full return. Sadly because of limited stock, they couldn't replace the kit like I was hoping. I almost dumped out all the broken make-up, but then I remembered that I had seen {THIS} pin on how to fix broken powder make-up and I thought I'd give it a try!

All you need is rubbing alcohol. Apparently the higher the percentage the faster it dries so I bought the one with the highest percentage I could find.
I soaked a cotton ball with the rubbing alcohol and squeezed it into the area where the broken makeup was. The instructions say all you need is a "few" drops of the rubbing alcohol, but I found that if you used too little it didn't work. Instead of sticking to itself, it just stuck to my finger so make sure you use a decent amount.
After I switched from "drops" to "drenching" the process went very quickly. The broken eyeshadows were super easy. I put a little of the rubbing alcohol on them and gently patted them down. They dried very quickly too. 


The big bronzer took quite a bit of the rubbing alcohol, but once I had enough it smoothed out pretty nicely.



It took the longest to try, but in less than an hour it was ready for use. 
Sure it's not as pretty as it was when it was brand new, but it's in much better condition than when it arrived! So glad I "pinned" this little trick! I'm sure I'll be using it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment