Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tooth Fairy Pillow

Despite a crazy jam-packed week I was able to get a little sewing done. We are eagerly awaiting the day when Lo's first wiggly tooth makes it's exit. It's been hanging on by a thread for over a month now and despite her constant wiggling it is still hanging on. We were a bit worried that putting her tooth under her pillow would cause trouble for the Tooth Fairy so we decided to help her out and make a cute little pillow that could hang on her bed post. 
She absolutely loves it and it was super easy and quick to make! 

I used {THIS} free tooth template from the Purl Bee. I used my scanner to enlarge it to the size I wanted. Before making the pillow I used embroidery floss to attach the tooth to the front of the pillow, forming a pocket. With right sides facing, I sewed around the pillow leaving a 1-inch opening. Once turned right-side-out I stuffed it a little to give it some shape and closed the opening with a straight stitch. I added the ribbon so she could hang it up. I love a project that can be done in 30 minutes or less!!!

It was a nice surprise waiting for her when she got home from school.
  ...and just incase the Tooth Fairy isn't sure where to go get her toothy treasure Lo made her this great welcome sign for her bedroom door (the hole in the middle is so it can hang on the doorknob).
We are more than ready for her visit...now all we need is for one wiggly tooth to cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment