Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Super Easy, 5-Minute, No-Sew Teacup Pin Cushion




A few days ago I came across {THIS} tutorial at Punk Projects. There's nothing better than a quick and adorable project on a rainy day. My favorite part was that I already had all the supplies so I didn't even have to get out of my jammies!

How cute is this!?!?! The perfect place to put all my stray straight pins and it looks adorable on my crafty shelf!




Here's what you need:

  • A teacup
  • Scrap piece of fabric
  • Rubber band (a twist tie would work too)
  • Cotton batting

...and now for the super-duper easy steps...

Place the cotton batting on the wrong side of the fabric:
Use your elastic to secure the batting inside the fabric:
Trim off the excess fabric and put your "poof" inside the teacup, elastic side down (the one in the tutorial is a little bit "poofier" so I might add a little more batting to mine):

See. Super easy and super cute. You could add a little glue inside the teacup, but I don't think you need to and I like that you can change the fabric as often as you'd like.

Have a wonderful Wednesday! We are looking forward to our rainy jammie day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment