Thanks to everyone who submitted their chili recipes. I can't wait to try them!
Submitted by Erin from Lois Pearl
- 1lb ground beef, browned (can also substitute Italian pork sausage)
- 1 15.5oz can diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 29oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15.5oz can black beans
- 1 15.5oz can chili HOT chili bean
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon ground chili
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours until bubbly and the onions are soft. Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream, and serve with homemade cornbread.
NOTE: Adjust seasonings to your taste. We like our chili spicy so we sometimes add a chopped jalapeno or chili pepper.
Submitted by Lindsay
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1/2-1 box of macaroni noodles
- 1/2 onion (cut into large chunks)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into large chunks)
- 1 can chili beans (optional)
- 1 jalapeno or habanero pepper (optional)
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- chili powder to taste
Brown ground beef, drain fat, add chili seasonings. Cook noodles and drain. Then add all ingredients to crock pot and let it do its job!
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and Fritos or tortilla chips.
Submitted by Kathleen from Mami Pajaro Studio
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts halves, skinned and boned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlie