Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Bathroom Cabinets Are D-O-N-E Done!




Several months ago I found two of these cabinets for the awesome price of $15 (for BOTH). I knew they would be the prefect solution to our lack of bathroom storage. As an added bonus the guy selling them asked me if there were for my dorm room (thank you kind Craigslist Man for making me feel young!)






The cabinets are made from laminate, not the most paint friendly material. No worries, Zinsser Primer to the rescue! I can not tell you how amazing this stuff is. It's perfect for your refurbishing products that you cannot or don't want to sand. One coat of primer and you're ready to paint!

Once the priming was done I applied a few coats of Martha Stewart paint in Grape Leaves and then got down to business. The real fun begins with the distressing. Using a fine grit sandpaper I gently (so the paint didn't peel off) sanded the edges and corners. Personally I don't like it when my repainted projects look too painted.


Once I was happy with the distressing I gave both cabinets a good coating of Annie Sloan wax and they were ready to be put up. I'm lucky to have a very handy neighbor that was willing to help me hang them when the hubby was in Tanzania.
I love them and it's so nice to finally have a place to put things!

No comments:

Post a Comment