Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Soup Week-Tomato Tortelli Soup & Guest Blogger Kathie Cooks

Welcome to day 2 of soup week! I'm so excited to have Kathie from Kathie Cooks as a guest blogger today. If you aren't familiar with Kathie's blog you NEED to check it out! Her pictures and recipes are A-MAZ-ING! It's my go-to site for great recipes that the whole family will love. Her  honey lime chicken enchiladas are on regular rotation on our dinner menu. 


Thanks Kathie for joining us today!


Hello Hanging On By A Thread readers! I am Kathie from Kathie Cooks and I am so excited to be a guest blogger today. I am a wife, mother of 2 youngsters, and a part-time culinary student. I started my food blog almost 2 years ago as a way to share some of my favorite recipes with friends and family. I have just recently decided to follow my dreams by going to culinary school for a certificate in Professional Baking and Pastries. It has been a blast so far and it's hard to believe that I am halfway done already. You can also read about my journey through culinary school on my blog.

There's no denying that Fall is upon us. It seems the sunny days filled with shorts and flip flops were gone in a flash.  One great thing about Fall however is SOUP! Today I would like to share with you a recipe that I got from Taste of Home. It is a delicious Tomato Tortellini Soup with sun-dried tomatoes. It uses Campbell's condensed tomato soup in a can so it's super easy to throw together if you are in a pinch for time. Enjoy!

Tomato Tortellini Soup

1 pkg. (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 cans (10-3/4 oz. each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 c. vegetable broth
2 c. 2% milk
2 c. half-and-half cream
1/2 c. chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried basil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. 

Yields: 10 servings

Thanks to Kathie and don't forget to email me your chili recipes for our virtual chili cook-off this Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment