This recipe comes from one of my favorite home decor blogs, Thrifty Decor Chick. If you're not familiar with her blog you need to check it out. It's a great resource for home decorating ideas, especially if you are on a budget. Every so often she shares a recipe or two. This one popped up last month and instantly became a family favorite. It's soooooooo ridiculously good! It is the perfect solution to a cold winter day and as an added bonus it cooks in the crock pot so it means less work for you! The recipe makes plenty for dinner and left overs the next day. I can't wait for the next cold crisp day so I can make another batch.
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Small Diced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Can Grands Flakey Refrigerated Biscuits
- Put chicken, butter, soup, onion and parsley in a crock pot and cook on high 4-6 hours. As the chicken gets tender shred it with a fork. (I cooked mine for 5 hours before adding the biscuits)
- Next, get your biscuits ready. Slice each biscuit into 8 pieces (the original recipe uses only 4 biscuits, I used the whole can. We love carbs at our house!). Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.
- If mixture is too thick you can add chicken broth or stock to thin it a little