Monday, July 15, 2013

Hoisin Chicken Legs

Last month after a year-long maternity-leave sabbatical, I went back to work part-time. While I was super excited that I could go back, it took us a while to get back into the swing of things. I had gotten used to having the afternoon to get dinner ready and we could eat at a reasonable hour. Going back to work meant digging out the crock pot and finding new fun recipes to try. The first place I looked was on my friend Kathie's Blog. She is a wonderful cook, and as a mom of two, she has lots of delicious recipes that don't require spending all day in the kitchen.

Her Hoisin Chicken was the first thing we tried and it didn't disappoint. The first time I made it I went for a run before dinner. I told Nate and the girls to start without me. When I got back there was one tiny leg left. To say it was a hit is putting it mildly. GG ate two whole chicken legs on his own and would have had more if we didn't cut him off! The girls have asked to have it added to the "Make Again" list and it will definitely be in our regular meal rotation.

HOISIN CHICKEN
(Adapted from Katie Cooks)
Ingredients
  • 2-3 chicken wings or drumettes 
  • 1/2c prepared Hoisin Sauce
  • 1/4c honey
  • 4 to 5 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
  • 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
  • 1 T sesame oil
Put the chicken in a crock pot. Mix the Hoisin Sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and sesame oil together in a small bowl (I doubled the sauce ingredients since we had close to 4lbs of chicken). Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. Stir before serving.

We served ours with rice and it was fab-u-lous!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment